The Amazon affiliate program, also called “Amazon Associates” can be an easy way to monetize your website or blog. Simply sign up, receive immediate approval, and place Amazon affiliate links on your site today. When someone makes an Amazon purchase via one of your links, you get the commission — it’s that simple.
But how do you get started? Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to becoming an Amazon Affiliate, with screenshots. Whether you’re an aspiring entrepreneur, starting your own business, or just looking for a small business side hustle, I hope you’ll find this guide a helpful place to start.
What is the Amazon Affiliate Program?
The Amazon Affiliate program, or Amazon Associates, is an affiliate marketing program. It’s free for website owners and bloggers to become Amazon Associates. They advertise products from Amazon.com on their sites by creating links. When customers click the links and buy products from Amazon, they earn referral fees.
How to Become an Amazon Affiliate
- Create a website or blog.
- Visit the Amazon Associates homepage.
- Build your Amazon Associates profile.
- Create Amazon Affiliate links.
1. Create a website or blog.
To become an Amazon Associate, you must have an active website, blog, app, or YouTube channel. It’s also helpful if you’ve pre-populated that site with content, so it appears active and authentic to both users and Amazon.
Remember, you must be able to describe the purpose of your website as part of the application process. So, have a firm idea of why you’re creating your site, the audience you’ll target, and how you’ll bring in traffic.
- With your unique multiincome store, you can sell any product on amazon
- you can request for an amazon-ready blog and we will create it for you based on your niche
- Else, you can follow our blog or website training to achieve this yourself
2. Visit the Amazon Associates homepage.
Now it’s time to create your Amazon Associates account.
- Visit the Amazon Associates homepage and click “Join Now for Free”
- You’ll be prompted to log in to your existing Amazon account or create one
3. Build your Amazon Associates profile.
Once you’ve signed into your Amazon account, click “New Customer” and begin building your Associate account.
1. Enter your account information.
Enter your account info (including the name, address, phone number of the payee)
2. Enter your website address.
Enter your website address(es), apps, YouTube channels, etc.
3. Enter your preferred store ID.
Enter your preferred store ID (usually the same as your primary website name), explain what your websites hope to accomplish, and select Amazon topics your links will likely target.
4. Explain how you drive traffic to your site.
Explain how you drive traffic to your websites, how you use your website or apps to generate income, how you usually build links, and how many visitors your site brings in each month.
5. Enter your phone number.
Enter your phone number, press “Call Me Now,” and wait for the immediate call from Amazon. They’ll ask you to input a four-digit code, and once that is complete, your account will be approved.
6. Choose your payment method.
Choose whether to enter your payment (credit card) and tax ID information in now or later. Then proceed to your dashboard.
4. Create Amazon Affiliate links.
Once you’ve created your account, you’ll be sent to your personal Associate homepage. This is where you’ll find your performance dashboard (including an earnings overview, monthly summary, and total clicks).
It’s also where you’ll search for relevant products to link to from your content. Here’s how:
How to Create an Amazon Affiliate Link
- Choose either “Quick Links: Search for Product” or “Browse for Product”
- “Quick Links: Search for Product” allows you to search for a specific product keyword
- “Browse for Product” allows you to search for products via categories like “Video,” “Health & Beauty,” and “Books”
- Once you find a relevant product, click the “Get Link” button
- Customize your link by choosing an add with text and image, text only, image only, or widget
- Depending on the link type, customize background color, title color, and image size.
- Preview of the link before adding it to your site
- Copy and paste the link, shortlink, or HTML copy and place it on your site
Your account will be approved for 180 days. During that time, you must make at least one sale, or your account will be closed. You can reapply for the Amazon Associate program after you’ve made certain adjustments to your site.
Are you ready to get started with the Amazon Associate Program? I hope guide helps. As with most marketing and sales, quality content is at the heart of success. Ensure you’re attracting your audience with quality content and share relevant affiliate links with them on your site. Happy linking!
First Published in Hubspot