Ever been told that grapefruit is one of the best fruits to eat for weight loss and fat-burning? Well, that’s because some of grapefruit’s active ingredients work to boost your metabolism and reduce your appetite. When inhaled or applied topically, grapefruit oil is known to lower cravings and hunger, which makes it a great tool for losing weight fast in a healthy way. Of course, using grapefruit oil alone isn’t going to make all the difference — but when it’s combined with dietary and lifestyle changes, it can be beneficial.
Grapefruit essential oil also works as an excellent diuretic and lymphatic stimulant. This is one reason why it’s included in many cellulite creams and blends that are used for dry brushing. Additionally, grapefruit can be very effective for shedding excess water weight loss since it helps kick-start a sluggish lymphatic system.
Benefits Of Grapefruit Oil
- Works as Natural Antibacterial Agent. Grapefruit oil has antimicrobial effects that help reduce or eliminate harmful strains of bacteria that enter the body through contaminated foods, water or parasites. . Grapefruit is also used to kill skin or internal bacteria and fungus, fight mold growth, kill parasites in animal feeds, preserve food, and disinfect water.
- Helps to Reduce Stress. The smell of grapefruit is uplifting, soothing and clarifying. It’s known to relieve stress and bring on feelings of peace and relaxation.
- Helps to Relieve Hangover Symptoms. Grapefruit oil is a powerful gallbladder and liver stimulant, so it can help stop headaches, cravings and sluggishness following a day of drinking alcohol. It works to increase detoxification and urination, while putting a hold on cravings that can occur due to hormonal and blood sugar level changes resulting from alcohol.
- Reduces Sugar Cravings. Feel like you’re always looking for something sweet? Grapefruit oil may help to reduce sugar cravings and help kick that sugar addiction. Limonene, one of the primary components in grapefruit oil, has shown to balance blood sugar levels and reduce appetite
- Boosts Circulation and Reduces Inflammation. Therapeutic-grade citrus essential oils are known for their ability to help lower inflammation and increase blood flow. The blood vessel-dilating effects of grapefruit may be useful as a natural remedy for PMS cramps, headaches, bloating, fatigue and muscle pains.
- Aids Digestion. Increased blood to the digestive organs — including the bladder, liver, stomach and kidneys — means that grapefruit oil also helps with detoxification. It has a positive effect on digestion, can help you shed fluid retention, and fights microbes within the intestines, gut and other digestive organs.
- Works as a Natural Energizer and Mood Booster. As one of the most popular oils used in aromatherapy, grapefruit oil can increase your mental focus and give you a natural pick-me-up. When inhaled, its stimulating effects also make it effective for reducing headaches, sleepiness, brain fog, mental fatigue and even poor moods. Grapefruit oil may even beneficial for healing adrenal fatigue symptoms like low motivation, aches and sluggishness. Some people like to use grapefruit as a mild, natural antidepressant since it can increase alertness while also calming nerves.
- Helps to Fight Acne and Improve Skin Health. Many commercially made lotions and soaps contain citrus oils because of their antibacterial and anti-aging properties. Not only may grapefruit essential oil help to fight bacteria and greasiness that can cause acne blemishes, but it may also be useful for keeping your skin’s immunity strong against indoor and outdoor air pollution and UV light damage — plus it may even help you get rid of cellulite. Grapefruit essential oil has also been found to help heal wounds, cuts and bites, and to prevent skin infections.
- Improves Hair Health. Grapefruit oil has antibacterial effects and enhances the susceptibility of microorganisms that are normally resistant. For this reason, grapefruit oil may help to cleanse your hair and scalp thoroughly when it’s added to your shampoo or conditioner. You can also use grapefruit oil to reduce greasy hair, while adding volume and shine. Plus, if you color your hair, grapefruit oil might also be able to protect strands from sunlight damage.
- Enhances Flavor. Grapefruit oil can be used to naturally add a touch of citrus flavor to your meals, seltzer, smoothies and water. This helps to increase your satiety after eating, curb cravings for carbs and sweets, and it improves digestion after a meal.
- Eliminate Odors: To get rid of unpleasant odors in your kitchen, appliances and bathrooms, diffuse 5 drops of grapefruit oil along with other citrus scents like lemon essential oil and orange oil. While your house fills with a clean scent, you also eliminate odor-causing bacteria from the air. Additionally, you can use a small amount of grapefruit essential oil on wooden surfaces, countertops, floors or in household appliances to kill bacteria and odor naturally.